Thursday, September 26, 2013
In this special report, Mark Dreher discusses critical business matters surrounding the ACA and provides planning strategies for business owners. more...
Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:30 am
Mark Dreher and other industry experts discussed critical business issues surrounding the Affordable Care Act.
Confused by the shifting landscape of health care? Frustrated with frequent changes to the Affordable Care Act? Businesses with more than 25 employees are encouraged to attend this event. Learn more about the Exchange and how to prepare now for compliance in 2015.
Keynote Address: Brett Graham, Leavitt Partners
Brett’s keynote address will pinpoint where we are now on health care and where we are headed in the short term, clear up misconceptions and confusion about the rapidly-changing landscape and outline the decisions you’ll have to make next for your business. You’ll learn how the Exchange will work, the financial impact of the Affordable Care Act and where you can turn for more information.
Accounting – Mark Dreher, CPA, Partner, Wallace, Plese + Dreher
Dental Insurance – David Hurley, Vice President of Sales, Delta Dental of Arizona
Health Insurance – Jeff Stelnik, Senior Vice President of Strategy, Sales and Marketing, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona
Legal – Sarah Fowles, Associate, Quarles & Brady LLP
• Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) Test: Find out how to calculate FTEs in order to determine if you are an “Applicable Large Employer.”
• Premium Subsidy Test: What is your exposure if one or more of your full-time employees receives a subsidy?
• Minimum Essential Coverage Test: Are you offering coverage at an affordable rate or are you subject to additional penalties?
Friday, June 14, 2013
Wallace, Plese + Dreher announces promotions of several team members. more...
Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Affordable Health Care Act: Presented by Mark Dreher
Mark Dreher discussed compliance requirements, tax policies impacting small and large businesses, and planning for 2014.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
Mark Dreher and other industry leaders discussed the Affordable Health Care Act, business fraud prevention, and employee wellness in the workplace.
Topics of discussion included:
Affordable Health Care Act
◦ What happens in 2014 and what can be done now.
◦ Affordable Health Care Act provisions and impact on small and large businesses.
◦ Small employer tax credit and how a small business is defined.
◦ Tax policies affecting large businesses and how a large business is defined.
◦ 2014 tax penalties and costs comparisons to insurance coverage.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Anthony J. Plese and William A. Wright, Sherman & Howard, provided a timely presentation on the combined efforts of the IRS and Department of Labor to increase enforcement of independent contractor compliance. The presentation focused on the differences between independent contractors and employees, classifications and taxes, risk and penalties, recordkeeping and compensation, and workplace injuries and unemployment.
For questions regarding tax matters concerning independent contractors, feel free to contact Anthony J. Plese, CPA, email@example.com, or 480.345.0500.